Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Nagahama

My latest adventure was to Nagahama, which is about half an hour by train. It was for one of my classes, but it was fun none the less. The whole class is a project basically advertising Nagahama which is interesting. Our topic is old structures, and we set out with the intention of visiting four specific temples and shrines and stopping at Soba 8 for lunch. As we were wandering the city to get to each of our destinations, we stumbled across four more temples and shrines. They are scattered literally everywhere. I think it's absolutely fascinating because they're just tucked into the city. They're in the middle of neighborhoods, hiding in a back corner on a street lined with shops, and even right beside a cemetery and a playground.

It was a beautiful day for the most part. You can definitely feel fall, and the trees are starting to show it as well. I am really excited for the trees to be in full fall status, but not for the weather that comes with it. Winter has always been my least favorite season. I don't take kindly to cold at all. It'll be more difficult with bicycle being my only mode of transportation, but it'll work out.



0 Responses

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our feed