Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Humble Turks

     I have been missing the Turkish way of life. I experienced a slight depression after my re immersion into American culture. I was readily able to change my way of living in order to fit the Turkish way of life. In all honesty I have been researching heavily any way that I can become eligible to live in Turkey. I have found a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) institute that operates in many countries in the World including Turkey. I think that in the future I am going to have to get fully involved in that.
     The thing that struck me the most is how happy and humble the people were, they were completely happy living with little to nothing. Nobody has anything, and they never have, so in a way they are free of the kind of capitalist mentality that boxes us in to phony unattainable goals and the disappointments that follow. Day to day life is the main concern, and honestly, I'm with it, and I dig it, fully.
2 Responses
  1. Zac Says:

    Not sure the Turks are free of a capitalist mentality, but they do have a really rich culture--all of the ancient heritages, the Islamic addition, and at least on the West coast, that Mediterranean lifestyle (the olives and yoghurt do it for me!).

    I recommend the novels of Orhan Pamuk for more sense of what they are about.

    bob


  2. janettespencer Says:

    Dr. Boon, this is Ms. Spencer and I am enjoying all of these beautiful pictures and the pictures of you!!!! It is coming out just beautifully! I sure would love to live there too! I really agree with your opinion you are such a nice person. And I hope you all have a wonderful trip. Keep posting the pics,I'm looking at them. Peace,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to our feed