Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Islamic Faith

     After having a few weeks to reflect on everything I did in Turkey and Greece, it seems a bit surreal. It was really something I will remember forever. I feel I am a better person for having done it.
     I think what I liked the most, is the willingness of everyone that was on the trip, as well as other I met in Turkey, to talk openly about religion and spirituality. This was my first experience in a Muslim country and I must say that i liked it a hell of alot. There is a very peaceful sentiment (at least that is the way i felt) around the Islamic faith of the Turks. I learned a great deal about Islam and for that I am grateful. The mosques we visited were really the pinnacle of the trip for me, although there was alot of cool stuff that I saw, the feeling I received from, and still have attached to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia is really moving. I remember what it felt like just being there, it was great.
    I have not looked at this trip as the trip of a lifetime because it's safe to say that I will be returning to Istanbul in the near future.


     M. Calabrese
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our feed